Essential Forms and Contracts to Run Your Private Investigation Business
During the course of operating your private investigation business, you will need various contracts, forms, retainers, proposals and other misc. documents to provide to your clients. Many of these documents may be entered into a court record, reviewed by corporate officials or by opposing counsel so they should be professional. The following forms are provided so you can view the style, structure and verbiage of some common private investigator office documents. They may or may not comply with the laws in your state so they need be customized and revised by you. The forms are provided in Word (doc, zip file). Depending on your version of Word, formatting may be required prior to use. Again, these forms are only examples and need to be modified by you for your specific jurisdiction. Over 75+ documents- Digital Download.
1. I only want a few of the forms, can I order a form or two:
We do not offer single form purchases at this time.
2. I have a Mac without Word how do I open a .doc?
Try opening using “Text Edit”. If that doesn’t work go to office live or open office and download one their programs.
What is a zip file and how do I open it in a Mac?
Files you download from the Internet are often compressed or zipped (.zip extension) so that they take up less space and arrive much faster than files that haven’t been compressed.
Unzipping a file or folder couldn’t be easier. Double-click the zip file and the file or folder will be decompressed into the same folder the compressed file is in.
If the item you are decompressing contains a single file, the new decompressed item will have the same name as the original file.
If a file with the same name is already present in the current folder, the decompressed file will have a number appended to its name.
Unzipping a File That Contains Multiple Items
When a zip file contains multiple items, the unzipped files will be stored in a folder that has the same name as the zip file. For example, if you unzip a file called forms.zip, the files will be placed in a folder called Forms. This folder will be placed in the same folder as the forms.zip file. If the folder already contains a folder called Forms, a number will be appended to the new folder, such as forms 2.
List of Forms:
- General DIY Business Plan (27 pgs.)
- DIY Marketing Plan (8 pgs.)
- Agreement for Investigative Services (General Investigation 4 pgs.)
- Private Investigator Sub-Contractual Agreement (General 2 pgs.)
- Acknowledgment of Investigative Services (1pg.)
- Sample Investigative Report (Insurance Fraud Investigation 4 pgs.)
- Sample Investigative report (Internal Investigation 9 pgs.)
- Proposal for Pre-employment Screening Services – (8 pgs.)
- Sample Report Background Check (Employment 10 pgs.)
- Proposal for Business Due Diligence (Business Acquisition 8 pgs.)
- Proposal for Opposition Research (5 pgs.)
- Sample Report Due Diligence (Business Acquisition) (4 pgs.)
- Surveillance Intake Form (Insurance Fraud/Business 4 pgs.)
- Notification of Surveillance Form – PI on Surveillance (Local Police) (1 pg.)
- Asset Search Proposal (3 pgs)
- Service of Process Order Request Form (2pgs.)
- Mutual Nondisclosure Agreement (2 pgs.)
- Asset Purchase Agreement (Divestiture 5 pgs.)
- Affidavit of Due Diligence (3 pgs.)
- General Affidavit (1 pg.)
- Affidavit of Service (1 pg.)
- Proof of Service (1 pg.)
- Real Estate Investigation (2 pgs.)
- Judgment Recovery Agreement (2 pgs.)
- Skip Tracing Order Form (4 pgs.)
- Skip Tracing Checklist (2 pgs.)
- Witness Statement Form/Witness Written Statement
- GPS Addendum (2 pgs.)
- Evidence Log (1 pg.)
- Missing Persons Template 2 (1 pg.)
- Sample Brochure (2 pgs.)
- Sample Brochure-Insurance Fraud
- Sample Brochure-General Non-PI
- Invoice (1 pg.)
- Invoice 2 (1pg.)
- Authorization to Release Medical Records (1pg.)
- Non-Compete Agreement for Private Investigator (3 pgs.)
- Crime Scene Diagram (2 pgs.)
- Sample Private Investigator Rate Sheet (1 pg.)